Help for those who love and serve

Monday, September 16, 2013

Come Follow Me Youth Curriculum - using the Gospel Library App



If you have a mobile device, I hope you already use this wonderful resource.

It's available for Android, IOS, and other devices.

It took a little getting used to, and I had to kind of force myself to use it for scripture study at first, but once I got going I loved the convenience and portability.

Here's how I use the Gospel Library App:

  • Gospel studying in the car (while my husband is driving!) and on other travels
  • Note-taking, highlighting, and linking scriptures and all other included church content
  • Creating 'study notebooks' to collect resources for particular topics or as notes for church talks and lessons
  • Listening to General Conference while walking or driving
  • Sharing videos
My favorite things:
  • Easy access to church materials all the time - I have the app on my iPhone and iPad
  • Linking content from scriptures, manuals, magazines and so many other publications
  • Adding extensive personal notes to my scriptures
  • Easy video downloading
  • Audio options available for most resources
  • My notes and links are available on all my devices and on lds.org (if I sign in to my lds account)
Come Follow Me

The entire youth curriculum is available in the Gospel Library App. You can access unit resources, read the lessons, make notes, easily open the linked scriptures and other resources, and view videos right on your device. The best thing for me - you can download the videos with just one click and have them available to show in the classroom. You can also stream the videos - but be careful because it's sometimes difficult to link to church meetinghouse internet and, if you can, sometimes it's so slow that videos won't stream well.

If you don't have the app, you can search 'Gospel Library' in your device's app store or find links to all lds.org mobile apps here.

I haven't been able to find a lds.org tutorial but here are a few resources that will introduce you to the Gospel Library App.


Review by Productivity Pad

Share how you use Gospel Library by leaving a comment - and let us know if you've found helpful resources on how to use it.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your ideas