Help for those who love and serve

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Chastity: What are the limits? video

This is a great video to foster a discussion about the value of virtue and the standard of sexual purity.



Shareable link:  https://lds.org/youth/video/chastity-what-are-the-limits?lang=eng

Ideas on how to use this video:
  • Show it during an activity followed by a discussion.
  • Ask questions such as: When is the best time to decide on your limits? How do you know what is right and what is wrong? Why would a young man push you to do things that are not right? Why is it important to remain virtuous? How will your virtue affect your happiness? How will your virtue affect your future husband and children? Why do you think God gave us this standard?
  • Listen to or read Sister Dalton's talk - "Guardians of Virtue" and have each young woman follow this counsel: "Making decisions in advance will help you be guardians of virtue. I hope each of you will write a list of things you will always do and things you will never do. Then live your list." 

More on this topic:

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog and I have to say I love it. Thanks for your inspiring posts and for your love to serve. I was just called to serve as Young Women second counselor in my ward. I've been away from Young Women class for like 10 years (since I was a young woman) and I'm so grateful to see how the prophet and leaders love us and how many resources we have now to help the Youth. Thanks for your blog, for the time you spend working on it to collect the best resources to help people "who love and serve".

    Adrii Gianvecchio - From Brasil

    ReplyDelete

Share your ideas